The Miraculous Benefit of Oats for Your Skin Health
As we all have known, oat is one of the super food top lists. It is nutritious and contains high fiber so that it can help prevent various diseases. Not only good for our body health, it is also good for our skin. Let’s see what oats can do for our skin health.
- Prevent skin dryness because it contains polysaccharides, which can form a good protective layer on the skin to prevent dull, dry, and scaly skin.
- Oat contains a lot of healthy fats that can moisturize the skin.
- Oat protects the skin, because it contains protein which can be a natural barrier to keep dead skin and outside impurities from entering the skin.
- Cleanses the pores, because it contains natural cleansers that are gentle and can remove dirt or oil from pores.
- Treating sensitive skin and various skin disorders because it contains good anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
Besides being consumed, these are some other way to use oats as one of your skin care routine:
To deal with dry skin, mix oats with banana and milk. Mix well, then apply to the dry part of the skin for 15 minutes, then wash with cold water. The polysaccharide in oats will change the texture of the oats to become rubbery when exposed to water. This substance will protect the skin from dryness.
Mix the oats with water and cook until it becomes mush/porridge. Once it cooked, let stand until cool, and then apply to the part of acne. After 15 minutes, rinse with water until clean. The content of oats that have high absorption will quickly absorb excess oil and eliminate bacteria on the face.
Rinse oat powder while bathing in a shower or running water. Rub the body with it for 15 minutes, and then rinse with water until clean.
Rub the lotion to your body using lotion product which contain oats after shower or every time the skin feels dry.