How To Improve Your Skin Health
Achieving healthy glowing skin can feel like a never-ending struggle. One day you have clear skin, feeling great. The next day you wake up with redness or a dry patch on your face. Sarah Yang, beauty editor says "the state of your skin depends on your hormones, diet, lifestyle & environment. You can't solve every skin condition, in fact, it's best to see a dermatologist for anything that seems serious or can't be fixed with home or over-the-counter remedies."
You can, however, take control & make some changes so that your skin health can improve. A good start would be to clean up some negative habits like;
- Eating poorly: without a diet full of nutrients, you are not helping your overall health nor your skin'. Incorporate Vegetables, nuts & seeds & fatty fish into your meal.
- Smoking: Speeds up the ageing process & makes certain skin diseases like psoriasis worse.
- Irregular face wash: your skincare routine doesn't have to be complex, but you should put in a little effort by washing your face morning & night to remove dirt, bacteria & makeup if any.
- Unmanaged Stress: stress can mess with your whole body, including your skin. The American Association of Dermatologists says that "when stress isn't managed, you might encounter flare-ups of skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, eczema & rosacea.
Your healthcare expert can give you more tips on harmful habits to avoid & other things that can benefit you & your skin like vitamins, supplements & certain foods. In summary, your skin health can be improved if you follow these tips;
- Wash up
- Block sun damage
- Avoid dry skin (Drink enough water)
- Reduce stress
- Get enough sleep &
- Speak to your doctor.
Sarah YANG, Managing Editor,& Content Strategist
Dr Heidi KONG, Dermatologist (National Institute of Health)
Always remember Tempovate is your best companion for a healthy flawless skin
Follow us @tempovatenigeria on Instagram and Facebook for more information, subscribe to our YouTube Channel @TempovateNigeria.