Healthy Habits to Develop in Your 30’s
This is a very busy decade as it is the decade where you have to combine family, career and so on and still want to look healthy and yummy. How you maintain your health and well-being during this decade will largely determine your health for the rest of your life.
Here are few ways to get started
- Learn to manage stress: Stress is responsible for 77% percent of all illness, from digestion issues to an inability to lose weight. That is why learning effective coping skills, stress management and healthy outlets that work specially for you is key to happiness in your 30’s. Relaxation should be part of your daily life as this helps improve how you feel in the present and reduce your risk for many illness in the future.
- Prioritize your exercise: You can’t afford to not have a regular exercise routine at this age. Exercising regularly helps you more efficient at work, get more done, increase your energy level throughout the day, improves your mood and gives you a feeling of accomplishment.
- Learn to sleep: Spend time in your 30s building strong sleep skills. Take action to make sure you get enough sleep every night and be sure to see a doctor if you think that you might have a sleep problem or disorder. Not getting enough sleep not only affects your body, it affects how well you work and how much you enjoy life.
- Watch what you eat: Vegetables and fruits are extremely important for your body at this stage. Eat high fiber foods will ensure your digestive system is healthy and productive. Be mindful of how much sugar and the type of fat that is in your food intake. Also, the earlier you finish eating in the day, the better chance you give your metabolism to do its job.
- Take care of your skin: Wearing sunscreen regularly will protect your skin from possible damage from sun exposure. If you never wear sunscreen, it is time to start now as even the small amounts of Ultraviolent light exposure have significant effect overtime. Maintaining a daily skin routine will also help keep your skin young and glowing.
Practice all the above and you will definitely experience a healthier life in your 30’s. Follow us @tempovatenigeria on Instagram and Facebook for more information.